More About Dr. Brittany Barreto
While pursuing her Ph.D. in Molecular and Human Genetics Brittany ambitiously became a young CEO and Co-Founder of her first company – the revolutionary dating app Pheramor. The ambitious venture was the first nationwide DNA-based dating app to hit the market to an enthusiastic audience.
After exiting the company, Brittany embarked on a new path as the Senior Venture Associate at Capital Factory, a notable innovation player in Texas. She was tasked with launching their Houston branch. She helped lead 7 investments and grew their accelerator portfolio by 190%.
Dr. Brittany Barreto’s expansive work and career have been featured in numerous publications such as Wired, Thrive Global, and Houston Business Journal. Today Brittany is frequently requested to consult with startups and deliver keynotes on her topics of expertise such as:
- Barriers in the FemTech Industry
- The Current State of FemTech
- The Role of Scientists in FemTech Funding
- The Fundamentals of Fundraising
- Womens Healthcare & Wellness
- A Guide to FemTech for Investors
More About Dr. Julie Hakim
Dr. Julie Hakim is a board-certified OB/GYN with a subspecialty in pediatric gynecology and an advanced degree in vaginal wound healing. Dr. Hakim is part of a new wave of FemTech innovators disrupting the market through technologies in the field of women’s health and wellness. She is the inventor ofr the world’s first vaginal stent designed specifically for pediatric and adolescent gynecology and women after cancer radiation therapies. The invention was notably developed in her all-women research lab.
Dr. Hakim is also on a mission to empower young girls to better understand their reproductive health, especially teens in the Latina community. Her expertise in pediatric gynecology passion for empowering young women to trust and believe in themselves is powerfully evident in her speaking topics which include:
- The impact on Diets and Menstruation in Young Girls
- Talking to Your Daughters About Reproductive Health
- The reality of healthcare for women and FemTech
- How to Get Out of Your Own Way to Achieve Success
- How to Be Your Most Authentic Self